Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 61, 62, 63

Well someone definitely dropped the ball on the posting every other week thing...totally wasn't me.

Sarcasm aside, I just...haven't really found much to update about for the week by week thing lately. I mean, I know in a way, that's good, but in another way, it just makes for boring blog posts if all I'm talking about is how I don't see any changes this week and that the elastics suck. Even if people somehow, weirdly, enjoy reading about my non update updates, it still makes for boring blogging from my part. Like, it's just no fun to blog when there's literally nothing to blog about, other than the same old things that I've went over again and again for the past two months or so.

I will still try to do the every other week update, because I feel like I should at least make this blog somewhat active, but that just means I have to find something to talk about every other week. Which, isn't too hard, when I really think about it. Though, I kind of miss the beginnings of braces where I had so much to say with every week, because there were movement every week. But like I said previously, I don't expect there to be major, major changes now, not while I'm on finishing wires, and I don't expect noticeable differences from week to week, because we're in the home run now, and just tweaking small things here and there. Things that aren't even all that noticeable to me.

So these past few weeks is just more of the anterior box elastic configuration (I am so goddamn hoping that I can get them off with my next appointment in 2 weeks. I don't normally mind elastics. It's just these are the most annoying and inconvenient ones I've had so far). Not quite sure my front four teeth are leveled yet, as the lateral incisors are just a bit "behind" the central ones. They're definitely not flat against each other because I can definitely feel a "step" when going from the central to lateral incisor. That's probably what we will be working on for the next little bit. Leveling those teeth. And then hopefully my bite is good enough by next appointment to not need further elastics.

I'm not sure if my hope of getting these off by October (that's the 18 months mark) is realistic at this point, but there's no harm in hoping. I really don't want to have to wear these longer than 24 months. I mean...I know that braces is a huge commitment, and I did sign up for this, and that a perfect bite and smile will be something I'll benefit from for the rest of my life....but sometimes, it just seems to be such a drag. But that's braces for you, I guess.

Week 61
Week 62
Week 63
...bonus points if you can tell the difference between all three pictues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces