Saturday, July 7, 2018

Week 64, 65 and Month 15

Well another two weeks have gone by, and we're now 15 months into my treatment. Time really sure fly by fast...whether or not you're having fun. That or I'm just getting older and each day seem to fly by faster than the day before.

At the rate things are going, I don't think I'll be able to get the braces off by 18 months...but I'm still hoping for de-bracing before the two year mark. I mean, my teeth are nearly there, and we just have to work on levelling my front four teeth and perfecting my bite. Seeing as how the orthodontist said that my bite is nearly perfect on the last appointment, I'm confident that it won't be long before the work on my bite is done. I'm really hoping that I'll get de-braced sooner rather than later...because as much as I've enjoyed seeing and experiencing the progress that braces have brought me, I do miss having my teeth without braces. I miss being able to eat what I want, when I want, how I want. I miss not having to clean my teeth after I eat. I miss having "natural" teeth. But all that in good time. I knew what I was sacrificing when I signed up for braces.

So the past two weeks....haven't been eventful, as you probably have guessed. The gap between my upper right central and lateral incisor seemed to have closed nicely though. I'm pretty sure my first molars are touching now, even when I don't have elastics on, so I hope this means that I can be rid of this damn posterior box elastic configuration with my upcoming orthodontist appointment next Thursday. I just...these really are the worst elastic configuration I've had to do thus far, and it's not only because they're on my molars, it's because one of the "hooks" that I have to hook the elastic on isn't even really a hook! It's just the curve end of the hook! Like...go figure why the elastic falls off easily. I've just about had enough with this current elastic configuration, and I want it to off.

I have my next appointment on Thursday as mentioned, and I do wonder what the orthodontist will have in store for me. I guess I'll find out!

Week 64
Week 65
Month 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces