Monday, June 11, 2018

Month 14

Another month in my braces journey. If I'm being optimistic, then I've only got 4 months left. If I'm not...well, then I've got 10 months left. And all that is based upon my orthodontist's estimated treatment times, which means absolutely nothing in terms of actually predicting how long my treatment will be in real life. I think my teeth are pretty good, and I think they're on track to being closer to the 18 month removal time than 24...but what do I know? I'm just looking forward to having these things removed.

Again, the main thing that was worked on in this month is my bite. The orthodontist did tell me on my last visit that my bite is pretty close to perfect, so I take it that all my religious elastics use have not gone in vain. Which is good, because elastics aren't fun. They're really, really not fun. As in, I really don't want to keep on using them anymore. Which is why I'm diligently wearing the elastics that I have in hopes that I can be rid of them on my next appointment.

As far as teeth movement goes, the majority of the spaces created by IPR have closed. The only gap remaining is the one between my top right lateral and central incisor...which doesn't bother me much. I know that can be closed easily with the next powerchain change. I think my front central incisor as less flared out, but I can't really tell for sure. I guess I'll find out with my next appointment in July. My top four incisors haven't exactly been leveled all to the same level, but I don't know if that's something that's realistic for me at this point,. My central incisor have been pushing against my lower incisors for years due to the edge to edge bite that I had, and maybe they won't ever be flat against my lateral incisors. And you know what, I"d be okay with that, if we can't get the four incisors to lie flat against each other. I mean, my teeth looks so much better than when I started, and honestly, I'm quite happy with how things are turning out right now. I'm glad to actually go through with braces.

Here's to the next month!

Month 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces