Friday, June 1, 2018

Week 59, 60

So I think I will post every other week from now on, seeing as there isn't much to update on a weekly basis. At least with every other week, I'll have something to talk about, even if it's a minor thing. I'll definitely post weekly if something exciting happens....but I really highly doubt anything exciting is going to happen from now on. I just don't anticipate a lot of major movement with my teeth or bite at this point in my journey. My teeth are mostly straight and my bite is mostly corrected. We're just working on the fine details at this point, which means I won't be able to see the same amount of teeth movement as I did at the beginning of my treatment.

From my unprofessional opinion, I think my first molars are in Class 1 relationship. I compared my teeth with pictures from the internet, and I think my teeth looks pretty damn similar to the ideal molar relationship pictures that I see on the internet. Same with my canines. Which you know, matches up with what the orthodontist has told me--that my bite is nearly there, and I just have to wear keep up with these damn elastics. I really really really hope that on my next appointment, I'll be done with these posterior box elastic configuration. I'm not necessarily up for more elastic use, but if I have to, I hope the new configuration isn't too terrible to do. Elastics work, and they're amazing, but they're also not exactly the most convenient.

The space between my top left lateral and central incisor have closed up fairly well, as have the space in between my front central incisors. The only gap left from the IPR is the one between my top right lateral incisor and central incisor....which I hope will get closed with the next powerchain. My top left lateral incisor remains a bit higher and slanted when compared to my right, and my top left canine is still tipped inwards, but those are fairly easy fixes that I'm not too worried about. I just want to get these gaps to close and for my bite to improve. And to be off elastics completely.

Week 59
Week 60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces