Monday, August 7, 2017

Month 4

Holy cow. I've been in braces for four months as of today, and looking back, there's been lot's of changes thus far. It's amazing to look back on the pictures and realize just how much has changed so far, and how much more will be changed in the upcoming months. Braces sure are a thing of patience, but the progress they're making to my teeth is quite amazing.

The main thing that I noticed in this last month is my bite changing. I still don't know how to articulate it with words, but my bite feels different. Although I guess with my right upper canine being completely out of its crossbite now, my bite is bound to feel different. I mean, my main bite issue is my crossbite...so by fixing one big culprit of my crossbite, my bite will feel different. Another thing I noticed is that my upper arch is being slowly pulled forward by elastics. It's not very obvious on pictures, but when looking in the mirror, I can tell that my upper arch is being pulled forward by the elastics. Teeth that were in crossbite before now have an edge to edge relation, and the top arch teeth that were edge to edge with my bottom arch are now out of that edge to edge relation, with the top teeth being slightly forward when compared to my bottom arch.

Not a lot of teeth movement this month around, but I've still got lot's of months to go. Beside I have an adjustment coming up next week, and we'll see what changes the adjustment brings.

Before braces. I can't believe that it wasn't that long ago that my teeth looked like that. Look at all the crossbite and edge to edge bite that was happening! Not to mention my right upper canine!
Month 3
Month 4. In comparison to the last month, my upper arch is definitely being pulled forward by the elastics (that I wear religiously). Most obvious are my upper left lateral incisor in relation to my lower left canine, my upper left canine in relation to my lower left premolars, and my upper right canine in relation to my lower right premolars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces