Saturday, August 12, 2017

Week 18

Holy cow. It's been...let's see...18x7=126 days since I got braces on. Sometimes it feels longer than that, and then when I see the progress that I've made, 126 days suddenly seem that long anymore. Only...20 more months to go right? But in all seriousness, I can't believe that I've had these on for four months and counting only--it really only feels like yesterday that I got them on. It's still amazing to me what two pieces of wire held by brackets can do so much to my teeth.

So my next appointment with the ortho is next Wednesday, and at the minimum, the wire on my bottom arch will be swapped out for a rectangular one. At least, that's what I was told at my last appointment. I'm kind of hoping that the top arch will get a wire change too--on the rectangular wire that I have right now, I have not noticed a lot of teeth movement beyond bringing my upper canine out of its crossbite. However, I am aware that each wire is important for doing a specific job, and that just because I have not seen any noticeable teeth movement doesn't mean that the wire isn't doing something. Evidently, my bite has been feeling differently, and I have noticed that my upper arch is starting to come forward a bit. So the wires, along with the elastics, are doing something.

Not much in terms of update this week--my bite continues to feel different, and my upper arch is a bit more forward than before. But I hope to change that with my appointment next week!

Week 17

Week 18





No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces