Saturday, June 3, 2017

Week 8

You know, braces is really a marathon, not a sprint. And that looking in the mirror everyday isn't going to show me the movements. But when I compare recent pictures to pictures of when I first got braces, I see a difference. And I definitely see major differences when I compare my current pictures to my "before" pictures. It's also amazing how brackets, wire and elastics have been moving my teeth. I really should've done this earlier....but better late than never, right?

My appointment is coming up in a bit over two weeks, and I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm really hoping that I'll get a new wire, and that my second molars will finally be wired up...but of course, it's not up to me. It's what the orthodontist thinks is the best for my case, and all I have to do is be a patient patient, and follow his directions as best as I can. Kind of like me and wearing my elastics religiously. Anything that will get me out of braces sooner rather than later, I will do.

I have really no real updates this time around, other than to compare my current teeth with my before teeth...and boy, when I do that, there's a noticeable difference already. My top central incisors are no longer turned inwards towards each other, but flattened. As a result of that, my top lateral incisors are showing more. My top right canine is pulled forward more, and is slowly coming out of the crossbite. There are spaces where spaces didn't exist in my bottom teeth.

Braces are definitely a practice in patience.

The teeth that I started out with
The gap in between my top central incisors are definitely closing up. My left central incisor is more straight now. I feel like my top left lateral incisor has rotated some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces