Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 7

So I got busy and didn't make an entry for a new week last Friday, my apologies.

We're on Week 7, which means 3 more weeks until my first follow up appointment with the Orthodontist since getting braces on. On one hand, I am excited about this--it possibly means a new wire, and that means movements, which means something that I can visibly track and see. On the other hand...I don't know what to expect at this appointment. It could be an adjustment, ergo the new wire and movements business...or it could be something else. I don't know. I've never been to a follow up appointment before, so it's all new to me. Although from what I've read on the internet, I most likely will be getting an adjustment done, as that seems to be the norm with self ligating braces. I certainly will blog about it when it happens, of course.

So what's new in Week 7? Well there's no visible teeth movements that I can detect, but like I said last week, I have noticed spaces in between teeth where there weren't spaces before when I floss, so there's some behind-the-scene movements that I'm not seeing. The elastics are going well....speaking of elastics, I accidentally swallowed one, and I live to tell the tale. I don't plan on making it a regular occurrence or anything like that; it kind of just happened as I was eating lunch (I got lazy and didn't bother to take them out. Lesson learned!), and it didn't help that the lunch I was eating was soft noodles. I felt the elastic snapped loose as it broke, and I tried to discretely feel around for it with my tongue (while trying to chew the bite of food that I had in my mouth)....and somewhere in there, I must have swallowed the elastic. I mean, that's what I think happened, because I couldn't find it in my mouth afterwards, and I looked using a mirror, and used my finger to sweep around my mouth for it. No elastic was to be seen or felt. Maybe I'll see it in my poop, who knows (and no, I will not be blogging about that if it happens).


When we started...



...and where we are at now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces