Friday, February 16, 2018

Week 45

How are we all enjoying the Winter Olympics so far? Frankly, I'm not much of a sports person, but I'm all over the Olympics, every time. It's just so...fascinating to watch all those athletes compete for the gold, silver and bronze medals, and it's just simply amazing the feats that the human body can do. That, and watching the "rivalry" play out between the countries. Obviously this year is a little more political than usual, being the whole Korea thing, but so far, I'm enjoying it quite a lot! My TV's stuck on the Olympic channel now, and it will remain that way until the Closing Ceremony is done.

(The Canadian Women's Curling team could be doing a whole lot better, though. But we're not doing too badly in terms of medal count, so it's all good. Here's to hoping we cinch another gold in hockey, both men's and women's!)

Alright, enough Olympics talk. Let's talk about my braces. Not that there's really much to talk about. These finishing wires are no doubt not the most exciting of wires. They just don't seem to do be doing a whole lot, if they're doing anything at all. I mean, other than creating the gap in between my lower right central and lateral incisor, the finishing wires haven't done a whole lot of tangible things that I can directly observe and feel. The elastics are still a pain in the ass, but I'll do anything to get the braces off faster, and if elastics are part of that equation, then so be it. I don't think I feel my bite changing, and I definitely do not see any teeth movement. I think the gap in between my lower right central and lateral incisors is slowly but surely closing, but I am not too sure. When I flossed it just now, the gap feels little tighter than before...but the gap is still definitely there. Not really sure what the finishing wires and my current elastics configuration are doing, but I guess slow and steady wins the race, right?

Week 45.
My lower right. As you can see, the gap in between my lower right central and lateral incisor is still there, and those two teeth still seem to be bit off alignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces