Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 30

I swear I'll get better at this week by week update! But anyway, another week has come and gone, and I've now officially been in braces for 210 days and counting. And in two days, it'll be my seventh month in braces. Doesn't time fly by so fast?

Speaking of time flying by fast...we got our first snowfall of the season on Thursday. Yup, first snowfall. It was...not fun, to say the least. I don't mind the cold. But snow? Dear lord, snow just bungles everything up. Sure it's pretty to look at, but that's about all that it's good for. It makes commuting anywhere an annoyance, not to mention all that extra work that comes with the snow. Shoveling the walkway (repeatedly and multiple times), brushing snow and scraping ice off the car, wearing snow boots everywhere...pain in the ass, if you ask me. If it were up to me, I'd be living in a more...temperate city in the world. Maybe somewhere where snow and cold doesn't bloody exist, like Southern California. Or Hawaii. Or the Caribbeans. Or Asian countries. But...obviously, I'm stuck in Winter City here, where it's cold and snowy for half the year. Go figure, huh? I should make that my life goal to retire somewhere warm. I mean, it doesn't even need to have sunshine all year round. Just...much much much less snow and cold is all I ask for.

Not that all that winter ranting have anything to do with braces, but hey, braces is one small part of my life. But I suppose I'll go back to talking about braces, seeing as this is a blog about my braces journey...

I know I talked lot's about elastics (everything from how annoyingly stupid they are to how amazing they are when they work), bu something happened the other day that proved to me once more that the elastics do work, if you wear them. I had went to work on Thursday night without my elastics. Not intentionally, mind you, but it just slipped my mind, and I was concentrating on getting out the door on time with all the hubbub surrounding the first snowfall of the season (I failed spectacularly by the way. I was late to work.). And I only realized that I didn't have my elastics on on the car ride to work, when it was much too late to do anything about the missing elastics. And so, I probably had them out of my mouth for about....14 hours. And while it was freeing to be able to have open and stretch my mouth freely without two elastics holding me back, my bite just feels all sorts of weird and wrong during those 14 hours. It just...didn't sit and feel right. And as soon as I placed the elastics back on, everything felt right again. So I guess elastics do help to correct your bite, if what I experienced is anything to go by.

As for teeth movement, I didn't see any real changes this week, but that doesn't mean changes aren't happening. I do think that my lateral incisors have rotated a tiiiiny bit more, but that could all be from my own imagination, and not what's actually happened. The gap between my bottom right canine and lateral incisor is still there, but it does seem a tiny bit smaller from before. Again, I could be imagining all that up.

Week 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces