Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week 36

And we've made it to another week. Week 36...you know, in 16 weeks, it will be one year of braces. It's pretty amazing how fast time just flies. Especially when I look back at all the progress that have happened so far. I am hoping that I'll get my braces taken off early, but then again, who doesn't? I just hope that my teeth cooperate enough that I don't have to stick it out for the full 24 months. Of course, I'll stick it out for as long as it takes, but early removal is one of those things that I aim for, even though there's really not a whole lot I can do to increase my chances of that happening. Wishful thinking is what it is.

Anyway! This week, I didn't notice any visible teeth movement (I feel like I'm saying this more and more now), but I do feel my bite changing a bit. It's subtle, and I only really feel it when I'm concentrating on it. My teeth seem to fit "better" against each other now. Also, my teeth seems to be doing alright without the elastics. I'm no professional when it comes to teeth, but I haven't noticed my top arch receding or the open bite coming back. So I'm going to assume that I'm doing just fine without the elastics. Because I am totally used to life without elastics now, and it's beautiful.

One thing that I have noticed is the pressure of the brackets and wires on my teeth. I mean, I've always felt them, but it was always in conjunction with the force that the elastics were exerting. And I think in a way, the elastics off loaded some of the pressure of the brackets and wires. Again, I'm no physicist, so all this is just pure speculation, and possibly me making shit up, but the pressure of the braces feel different without the elastics in place. Like, I'm feeling the pressure where I didn't feel pressure before. Namely, my front teeth and my entire top arch. Like, I'm more acutely aware of the pressure exerted by the braces against my teeth on the top arch than before. And I'm pretty sure it has something to do with me being without the elastics.

Life continues to be very freeing without the elastics, and I've got no complaints about that! I juts hope that this will stay.

Week 36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces