Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 21...and traveling with braces

Well gang, it looks like we've hit the tail end of another gorgeous summer here. It was a fun summer, braces and all, and I am definitely going to miss the sunshine that we've been getting. But...all good things must come to an end, and I shall look forward to the autumn and winter.

(Not really I won't. Summer's my favourite season. But, without autumn and winter, I'd never appreciate summer. So I tolerate autumn and winter.)

To celebrate the end of summer, I took a little road trip to Dinosaur Town. Firstly, to check out the town and to visit the Dinosaur tourism spots and secondly, to trial the logistics and realities of dealing with braces while traveling. Mostly because I would like to go on a vacation next year (A proper one. Where you get on a plane to fly to somewhere exotic and have a grand adventure.). I enjoyed my stay in Dinosaur Town...and as for the logistics of life on the road with braces...

...it went fine. I skipped flossing for the duration of my trip, mostly because I just didn't want to deal with flossing while on the road. Flossing is hard enough at home, and I just didn't want to deal with it while traveling. Though...that is something I should work on for any future travels. Eating out was fine too--I simply swish water around my mouth after meals and replace my elastics after rinsing my mouth. Definitely did not brush after every meal, but then again, I don't exactly brush after every meal unless I'm at home. But overall, traveling with braces wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. I just need to find a solution around flossing.

As for my teeth movement...my top arch is being pulled more to the front now, and the open bite is slowly closing. Not much in terms of any visible teeth movement, but perhaps we're not at a point in my treatment where we're actively trying to straighten my teeth. My bite is the main thing that I feel like we're working on, because I sure haven't seen any visible teeth movement in a while.

Week 20
Week 21. My top arch is definitely being pulled to the front and over top my bottom arch. The open bite that I've developed is slowly closing with the use of elastics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces