Friday, August 25, 2017

Week 20, and a dentist visit

I went to the dentist for a check up and cleaning today...the first ever since I got braces. I didn't know what to expect or how'd it go, since I didn't exactly tell them that I would be getting braces, but the visit went well. Obviously, the hygienist was not able to clean every surface due to the brackets and wires, but he was able to clean around them. He was able to do scaling on the inside surface of my teeth, in between teeth and on the surfaces that aren't covered by brackets. Much of the cleaning is done by spraying water and air in the spaces that the wire and bracket occupy. And let me tell you, even though I think I'm doing a pretty good job of brushing and flossing, he still found bits of food and gunk trapped in between the molars. It wasn't pretty. And he flossed my teeth too...rather efficiently and quickly, considering I had braces on. The dentist then did a check up, and pronounced me in relatively good standing. There were a few spots that they were watching, so I just have to continue with the brushing and flossing, and cutting out sugar and pop from my diet. Otherwise, the visit went well!

As for teeth movement this week...I feel like my bite is still continuing to change, and the box elastic really help with closing the open bite. The box elastic is not a fun configuration to wear, but like all things orthodontics, it's not really meant to be a fun thing to wear. I wear it religiously, because I want to do everything right, and to possibly speed up my treatment. But yeah, box elastic, not fun. Can't even yawn with that in! But if it will change my bite and straighten up my teeth, I will do it. After all, that's why I signed up for braces!



Week 19

Week 20. See how the open bite is starting to close, especially on the left side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces