Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Orthodontist appointment!

I went to the orthodontist today to get the wire that's half out of the bracket on my right lateral incisor fixed, and the appointment went well. The tech took a look, and explained to me that sometimes, when a teeth needs to be rotated (such as the case with my right lateral incisor), the rotation may force the wire out of the bracket. It was a relatively easy fix. The tech pushed the wire back into the bracket, and to secure the wire better, she placed a metal tie around the bracket. And boy, as soon as the wire is back in, I felt pressure on my tooth. And when that metal tie went on, well, the pressure intensified. My tooth hurt a bit after the appointment, but it's gotten better now. I'd imagine that's what tightening the wire will feel like, when I do go in for my follow up appointment next month. Not looking forward to the pain...but hey, with braces, it's literally no pain, no gain. And since I want to have straighter teeth, the pain comes as a package deal, am I right?

Wire back in the bracket with a metal tie around the bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces