Friday, November 16, 2018

Week 83, 84 and Month 19

Another two weeks have passed by, and with that, another month of braces came and gone. I can't believe that I've had these things for 19 whole months (and a bit more) now, but damn, time really goes by fast. It really doesn't feel like it's been that long since I sat in the chair and had my mouth stretched wide open for 1.5 hours while the tech glued brackets to my teeth and slotted in the first wire that began everything. I can certainly feel and see that lot's of changes have happened since last April, but to look back and to know that it's been 19 months? That seems unreal.

The top right canine problem that I was talking about on the last post is...kind of still there, but kind of not? Sometimes the canine will fit poorly against my bottom teeth and hit against the bottom right canine, but sometimes, it'll fit fine and I don't feel anything off. It's just...really weird. I"m definitely going to let the orthodontist know on my next appointment (in exactly two weeks!) but I don't think it will be a major fix. Tilting a tooth a bit out is just bracket repositioning and/or bends in the wire. But I'm totally willing to have braces on for a bit longer if it means fixing that one tooth that is sometimes problematic.

Not too sure what else to update on here, because there just isn't too much to say right now. Everything looks fine, and I can live with the small aesthetic flaws that I see with my teeth. I mean, nobody's perfect, and I wasn't aiming for a perfect Hollywood smile when I started treatment anyway. So a bit of imperfection is fine with me. You know, a bit of personality with my teeth isn't a bad thing.

Right now I'm just continuing on with the (sometimes very, very annoying) nightly elastics, and continuing with my routine dental hygiene routine. I don't expect there will be much in terms of new development now, so all I've been doing is follow the orthodontist's instructions to the dot, and hoping that my teeth will behave in a way that faciliateate braces removal in a quicker time frame.

Week 83
Week 84
Month 19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces