Friday, November 2, 2018

Week 81 and 82

So I may or may not be getting these braces off before the end of the year. I know I've already mentioned that I'm supposed to be getting impressions done for retainers on my next appointment, but something's come up that may or may not delay that, depending on what the orthodontist says on my next appointment (which, coincidentally, is in four weeks' time).

The issue that came up is that I've been noticing (and feeling) my top right first pre molar is hitting against the right bottom canine. That is totally something new, and I've never felt it before. I wonder if it's due to the bend in the wire, or the fact that I have no more bite block on that tooth. Either way, this is definitely new, and depending on how the orthodontist wants to deal with it, I may be in braces for a bit longer. I have read up on the internet that fixing a single tooth is fairly easy and straightforward from an orthodontic point of view, so I'm hoping that holds some truth. I just need the tooth to be tilted out a tad more, and that it wouldn't be hitting against the canine.

It doesn't hurt, the hitting of the pre molar against the canine. It's just more of a discomfort, and the feeling of teeth touching in a manner that they shouldn't be. So I'm hoping the orthodontist can fix this relatively quickly, and not prolong my time in braces by too too much. I mean, if it means I have to be in braces for a few more months because of this, then so be it. I do want the result to be as good as we can get it, and I won't rush it, but this little development is rather frustration. Oh well, it is what it is, and all I an do is wait for my next appointment and go from there.

Week 81
Week 82
My top right pre molar hitting my bottom right canine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces