Saturday, August 18, 2018

Week 71, 72, and Month 16

Another two weeks...and another month have gone by! I'm already on the 16th month of my treatment, which holy cow, has been a journey when I think back to when I started. I was looking at the pictures of when I first started, and boy, am I glad that I decided to fix my teeth! My teeth looks much better now when compared to before, and I actually have a bite that's not weird. (I've always known that my bite wasn't perfect, but I never knew just how bad it was before I went to my consult). So I guess with any luck, I should be finished relatively soon.

I have an orthodontist appointment on the upcoming Monday, and I'm going to see what the orthodontist have to say about the root resorption issue. I just hope that it's not severe enough for him to stop things completely, and that we can get to an acceptable finish even with the resorption. I feel like my treatment is pretty close to be finished--all I need done is to bring the front two incisors back a bit from their slightly protruded position, level my left lateral incisor so that it matches with my right, and tilt the left canine out a bit. I really hope we can finish that even with the root resorption. The dumb thing is my dentist is concerned enough to send my orthodontist a copy of the X rays, but not concerned enough that she's suggesting I stop treatment. So who really knows?

The space between my top right central and lateral incisor have closed a bit, but it's still very obviously there, so I predict that there will be more powerchains for that for my next appointment. I also predict that the orthodontist will want to work on bringing in the front central incisors some more. I'm honestly not sure sure if putting the powerchain underneath the brackets on my front four incisor really helps to bring the central incisors in...but my left incisor have seem to been pushed back a bit. That and the gap between those two aren't there anymore. I'd like to think that the powerchain underneath the brackets work--my right central incisor was randomly hurting two days ago, and I'd like to think that's just the tooth moving.

Other than that, I'm pretty damn sure my molars are all touching when I bite down, because I feel them. And I really hope that I can stop with the nightly elastics...because this box configuration is seriously pissing me off. Especially when doing up the one on the right side. It just doesn't matter what technique I use or not use...it'll just slip off over and over again until I randomly get it to stay. I've woken up with it off, the elastic having snapped off the first molars during my sleep. And I've spent good chunk of time before bed just coaxing it to stay. I'm just really hoping that all my efforts and work will result in me not having to wear this elastic combination ever again. I don't mind wearing elastics. I just really fucking hate this one particular combination, mostly because they didn't think to put in a post on the top first molar. If there had been a post, it would've made all the difference in the world. But nope. I get to put it on the back of a curve. Yeah, because the back of a curve is the best position to make sure that the elastic doesn't fall off.

Overall, I think I'm at the stage where I'm just about done with having braces. I'd like them off sooner rather than later, but not at the compromise of my teeth.

Week 71
Week 72


Month 16. You can definitely see some minor changes when compared to the picture from Month 15. My top left central incisor is more tilted inwards now, and the space between that and left lateral incisor is gone. Actually my top right central incisor seemed a bit more pulled back too...well I guess things are moving after all!.

Month 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces