Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 39, Month 9

Happy New Year! And so another year starts...hopefully this year will bring with it lot's of joy and love for everyone!

So this marks another month in my braces journey, and sometimes, I still can't believe that it's been such a long time since I went to get the braces placed on. April 2017 doesn't seem like that far behind, but yet it is. I mean, in another three months, I'd have been in these things for one year. And I'm not sure how to feel about that fact. On one hand, it's pretty amazing the progress that I'm seeing with braces. On the other hand, I can't believe that so much time have gone by already. I actually think I am going to miss having braces when they do come off. Weird huh.

(Seriously people, if you want to get braces, get on it like yesterday. Don't sit on that thought. Your teeth aren't going to magically get better on their own. I really should've gotten this done in my early 20's. But I sat on it, for reasons beyond me.)

I don't think there's been much teeth movement lately, but I kind of expected that. I think my midline is a tiiiiny bit off center, but it's nothing that really bugs me. I mean, I only really notice it if I scrutinize my teeth in the mirror, and I do a lot of scrutinizing of my teeth in the mirror, and I know most other sane people don't, so it's not something I'm super picky about. The gap between my lower right lateral and central incisor is still there, so I foresee another powerchain in my future. My top left canine is still tipped inwards, so I foresee either a new wire change, or more bracket repositioning. I also foresee a potential bracket repositioning for my upper left pre molar, just because of the way the teeth is a bit "higher" in the arch line than the rest of the teeth.

I do have a dentist appointment for cleaning tomorrow, and then it's off to the orthodontist on the 22nd, where I hopefully will get upgraded to a new wire. I've had these wires since August, and I think it's high time for a change!

Before braces. See all my teeth in their original state. Crossbite, front teeth gap, edge to edge bite, and non rotated upper lateral incisors.
Month 8
Week 39. It's a bit more pronounced here, but you can see how my midline is a bit off center. Again it's not anything that really bugs me.
Month 9. See how much nicer everything is now? No more crossbite. Front teeth are aligned. Upper lateral incisors are along a curve.


1 comment:

  1. Your teeth look great! I can't believe you had an open bite for awhile. I am hoping that at my next appointment they will put me in the dreaded "box configuration" with elastics in front to close mine up. The elastics on each side (class 2) have helped a lot, but my top incisors are still not overlapping my bottom. Hope you will finally get new wires! I have gotten new wires at every appointment since I got my braces on on Aug 28!

    ReplyDelete

Life after braces