Saturday, October 21, 2017

Week 28

A non braces related note: Am currently obsessed with Niall Horan's album, Flicker. Just. So. Good. I liked One Direction songs when One Direction was a thing, but Flicker's just...wow. Anyway, that's my fangirl moment of the day. And now back to your regularly scheduled braces talk...

I guess all that bracket repositioning did do something visible, and roots weren't the only thing affected. Because after all that prying of brackets off and re-gluing them in slightly different places on my teeth, there's been some minor, but visible, teeth movement. I mean, the movements are so minute that I was probably the only one who'd noticed, but then again I am the one who looks at my teeth the most often, so it would make sense that I'd noticed.

But seriously, it's minor, but impressive. I guess one should never underestimate the consequences small actions can lead to

Ever since my right upper lateral incisor have been rotated and straightened, it's always been higher than the left upper lateral incisor. It doesn't look terrible, and I've noticed that many people don't have matching lateral incisors in terms of the length, but it's always bugged me just a bit. Nothing major really, just that I thought it'd look better if the right could match with the left. And...after the brackets were repositioned on both those teeth during the last appointment, my right upper lateral incisor have come down a little more. So now it matches the one on the left. Which is good. Not only have the upper right lateral incisor have lengthened, I feel that both lateral incisors on the top have rotated a bit more. Like, they appear to be more curved than before. But again, I could be seeing things in the mirror. It's getting a little hard to spot all the changes...but I guess that's because the majority of the changes that will happen now will be relatively minor. I mean, my teeth is relatively straight now when compared to when I started.

The gap between my lower right canine and lateral incisor is still there, but it's slightly more narrow. So the powerchain is working, and hopefully after a few more powerchains, the gap will close. I"m aware that I have quite a bit of gaps on the upper arch too, and I'm hoping that with powerchain use, they'll go away in good time.

Month 6. See how the right upper lateral incisor is positioned slightly "higher" than the left one?

Week 28. See how the upper right lateral incisor is now more or less matched with the upper left lateral incisor?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces