Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 4

It's a gorgeous day outside today over here in the City...beautiful, beautiful day for our local NHL team to win in tonight's Game 5. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but man, it's hard to ignore the excitement and hubbub in the City when your own team is in the playoffs. I know this is a braces blog, not a hockey blog, but I gotta cheer for the team you know!

Having braces have become something normal to me now. That's not to say that I don't feel or notice the braces...but they have become just another part of me. Another fact of life, just one more thing that makes me, me. Funny thing though, ever since I started wearing braces, I've become more attentive to other people's teeth. It's probably the thing that everyone does--you notice a small flaw on you, so you start paying attention to other people for comparison's sake. And weirdly enough, I think I've started noticing that more and more people wear braces...I feel like I see them everywhere now. One of the security guard at work has braces, and so does the receptionist who helped me out today...amongst the handful of others that I have noticed since I got my own braces.

Or it could be that whole comparison thing at play again, who knows.

On the plus side, while I'm still mainly sticking to soft food, I have been able to branch out a little. I've successfully eaten biscuits and crackers this week (after breaking them up), and I've even eaten meat that's not been shredded! So things are moving and improving over here. I'm still hesitant to try things like pizza and burgers and rice, because I don't know if I can handle eating them, but all in good time, I will try them. And, brushing and flossing doesn't take nearly as long anymore, once I get the hang of it (I've even stopped using the threader for the most part for flossing--I can thread the floss underneath the wire just fine without any help. The only time I need a threader is for the right back bicuspid on my lower jaw).

And? I've noticed that my left central and lateral incisor have definitely moved since getting braces on. So that's exciting. Down side is the wire is starting to pop out of the bracket on my right lateral incisor, so I'll have to get that check out next week at the orthodontist. But so far, things are looking up!


The beginning
Week 4! See how my left central and lateral incisor have moved?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces