Friday, April 28, 2017

Week 3

Well gang, we've made it to another week. It's snowed last weekend, I got a speeding ticket, and I probably pissed off a patient or two at work, but over at the braces department, it's not as exciting. The elastics are still a big pain the butt, brushing and flossing are still inconvenient, and I've gotten better at eating. The elastics feels a bit tighter in the past few days...I'd like to think that means that it's working and doing its job. I have discovered that I don't necessarily need a threader to thread the floss through the wire of the braces for flossing purposes...although it's probably faster if I do use the threader tool. And as far as eating...I ate an item on the "forbidden" list this week! It was a hard candy that my coworker offered me, and although I've gotten quite good at not grazing at the snacks at work...it's really hard to resist a candy that's placed in your hand. And...nothing really happened. I just let the candy sit on my tongue until it was all melted. The temptation to bite down on the candy was there, but I ignored it...because I wasn't about to break a bracket over a candy...especially when the said candy was an item on the "forbidden" list!

I'm definitely getting more and more used to having braces...but that's not to say that I don't miss having no braces. I know that the journey is worth the straight teeth that awaits me at the end of all this...but I do miss the days where I don't need to wrestle with elastics, where I can eat whatever and whenever I want to without regards to what's in my mouth, and where brushing and flossing were much, much simpler. I look forward to be able to do that all again...at the end of my braces journey. Heck, I'm looking forward to when I don't need to wear elastics. Braces would be so much easier without elastics (watch me complain about something else once I get to be without elastics).

As usual, the pictures:

This is where we started...
...3 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces