Friday, October 19, 2018

Week 79 and 80

Well, what do you know, my orthodontist does know what he's doing, not that that's something I should be remotely surprised about.

Remember that IPR gap that I kept repeatedly talking about? You know, the one between my upper right central and lateral incisor? The same one that didn't budge one tiny bit between July and my most recent appointment? The one thing that I was hoping it would work out before my next appointment because it's literally the last thing between me and being braces free?

Yeah, that one IPR gap.

Well, guess what? The wire bends and the anterior elastic box configuration worked because the gap is there no more. There is still a tiny bit of space between the two tooth, but I'm pretty sure that's just due to the shape of my tooth and not the gap. The gap is pretty much gone. It's amazing what some elastics and a few bends in the wire can do. It's the final tweaking of things that really amazes me. How much little things the orthodontist can do just by bending the wire at specific spots and wearing the elastic bands in a specific way.

Which means, we're pretty much on the right track in terms of following my orthodontist's timeline. Which is a pretty damn good thing. By my rough guesstimate, I would've been in braces for roughly 20 months, assuming the braces are off before the end of December. 20 months is a relatively long time to be doing something, but damn, braces are definitely worth all that time and effort.

I've been practicing smiling in front of the camera, and it's definitely a different smile than the one that I'm used to. My "old" smile if you will. I feel a little silly standing in front of the mirror and practicing smiling, but you bet I'm going to be doing a lot of smiling once the braces come off! My contract comes with a complimentary whitening, so after the braces are off and my teeth whitened, I'm going to be smiling just because I can!

Week 79
Week 80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces