Saturday, April 7, 2018

Week 52...Month 12! One year of braces!

So a year ago, I went to the orthodontist for my first "real" appointment and had braces installed. Lot's have happened during the said year...and now here we are, one year later. It's really really amazing how fast time has flown by. I can't believe that one year has gone by already. My teeth definitely looks a lot better than when I first got braces installed!

In terms of movement, I think some degree of leveling has happened for my top incisors, and I definitely am more aware of my molars touching, due to the stupid box configuration that I wear on them for elastics. I"m still not too impressed with the box configuration, mostly because my right molars brackets don't seem to want to hold onto to the elastic too too well. Full confession: there have been days at work where I didn't wear elastics on the right side after lunch break...not because I didn't want to wear it, but because the damn elastic just won't stay put! It gets a bit annoying and stupid to try to rehook the damn elastic over and over again on hooks that aren't really hooks....and beside, I didn't have the time to eternally hide in the bathroom to troubleshoot the elastic. But for the most part, I've been pretty good at elastics wear. And I think I may have discovered a way to hook the elastic onto my right molars in a fashion that make it stick better. I hope anyway. We'll see.

So without further ado, let's do the pictures!

Before braces. Boy did my teeth need work. 
First day in braces. The pain and learning curve was real.
Month 6. Things were definitely looking better by this time.
....And this is what things look like one year in!
Here's to hoping for not being in braces for too much longer! I really hope to get these off by the 1.5 year mark...but only time will tell. In any case, I have an appointment in early May to look forward to, so we'll see what happens then.

Happy one year to this blog! (For those of you reading and are debating on whether or not to get braces...my piece of advice is to do it. Affirmative. 100%. It's totally, totally worth it!)

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good! I agree that they are worth it. I've had mine on for 7.5 months now, and the improvement is already amazing. I am in triangle (aka vampire) elastics configuration once again (with "heavy" elastics this time - ouch!), so I do feel your pain. I am hoping to get mine off in < 5 months. Original estimate was 8-10 months (verbal by ortho) or 8-14 months (written in my contract, LOL!), so I figure anything < a year is a win, right? Good luck in getting yours off in 1.5 years -- I really think you will.

    ReplyDelete

Life after braces