Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 48, Month 11

It's officially one more month until the one year mark of me having braces. And lot's have changed since last April. My teeth look much, much better than before, and I'm sure my bite has improved. So it's all been good so far. Can't believe that in a short four weeks, it would've been one year in braces. I mean...it really only feels like yesterday that I willingly put myself through the torture device known as braces. But, time flies!

The only down side with my current finishing wires is that there's just not much going on that I can see. There's just literally no tangible changes that I can observe on a week to week basis...and I've been looking, trust me. But I suppose that's what it's like on the finishing wires....they're there to finish the braces journey, and there shouldn't be any big major change s that happen with these wires. Which, you know, it's good to know that I'm at least on the final stages of my braces journey, but on the other hand, it's just so damn boring when I look in the mirror and nothing looks different. Like, I don't think anything's really changed since I got these wires on. I'm sure the orthodontist will disagree, and say that there's movements and changes and all....but on a tangible level, I really can't see much.

But hey, I've got an orthodontist appointment in about two weeks, so maybe things will be changing by then!

What my teeth look like, pre braces. I can't believe I let that edge to edge bite drag out for as long as it did...and all the gaps and the crossbite on the right!
Month 11. Things are looking much more neater and straighter now.

Week 48

2 comments:

  1. How much longer do you think you'll have to wear braces? I've been following your blog, and you're right, I can't see much changes in the past few months. I hope it won't be too much longer for you!

    I am hoping to get mine off this summer sometime. I've been in them for 6.5 months but was promised 8-12 months total. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping for the braces to be off sooner rather than later! I hope yours come off soon too!

      Delete

Life after braces