Friday, January 11, 2019

Week 91, 92, and Month 21

You know, I still have a hard time knowing that I'm in my last ever month of braces. In fact, by this time in 28 days, I would've had my braces off already, and probably would be en route to my dental clinic for a routine cleaning. I re-scheduled my next teeth cleaning to coincide with my debracing date--I figured I might as well as get my teeth professionally cleaned the day I get the braces off, new beginnings and all. And what better way to start my post braces life than with clean teeth! That and I bet it'll just feel so good to have the hygienist clean the front of the teeth AND the areas of my lateral incisors that were never cleaned because they were crowded behind my central incisors! Feb 08 is turning out to be a busy day for me, teeth department wise.

I don't think I have any more real updates from here on out. I'm just literally counting down the days til Feb 08, and then I can write all about my experience at debracing and my experience on my first dental cleaning minus the braces. That, and I really don't expect any real changes to occur from this point on. There shouldn't be, anyway. The braces are more or less just keeping the teeth where they need to be for the next four weeks prior to debracing, and at this point, they really are acting more like retainers than braces.

That's not to say I won't update between now and debracing day. I will update, and my next update will be in two weeks time...but I just don't anticipate anything new to write about in between now and debracing day. The next update will be the last update prior to braces removal, so maybe I'll compose a list of things I've learned, and write about that. Of course, I'll have a reflective post of sorts after the braces come off, so that's another post to look forward to.

Week 91
Week 92. The upper left central incisor is level against the upper right central incisor. Evidently the bend in the wire worked. Though honestly, it really is such a minor tweak that I probably woulnd't have cared either way. I'm glad it's done though. The same way I don't care that my lateral incisors are slightly different height. It's so minor that I don't think anyone would notice or care. I certainly don't, for the most part.

Month 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces