Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 56

The sun is shining, we're in May, which means summer is just around the corner. Finally. When you live in a city that's got a 6 month winter...you learn to treasure every single drop of summer. It actually doesn't even need to be summer summer per se. Just...warm(er) weather and the sun. I can't imagine living in a place that's eternally sunny and amazing weather all year around (but I mean that in a very good way). SoCal and Florida and Caribbeans....basically everyone who lives south of the Equator, I'm looking at you.

Anyway! I've got an appointment with the orthodontist next Wednesday, so I shall see where I'm at in my braces journey then. I really hope that I'm near the end. I know that the orthodontist is working on the smaller details and fine tuning things, so I really hope that all this tinkering doesn't take too long. Come to think of it, I think the bulk of my teeth straightening and aligning was done in about 6-7 months, so I really hope we don't spend...like...18 months doing the fine detailing. I mean, obviously, if that's what it comes to, then I'll do it, ut I just hope it doesn't. My teeth looks really good, all straight, and other than a few very minor flaws, I'm happy with it. My bite feels fine. I'm 200% sure my molars are touching now, because I can feel them touching. If my braces were removed now, I think I'd be pretty damn satisfied with the results. After all, the enemy of good is perfection.

That's not to say that I don't want the orthodontist to do everything that he can to make my teeth and my bite the absolute best it can be, but when it comes to it, I really wouldn't want to spend months and months on end to perfect teeny tiny imperfections. A Hollywood smile isn't what I'm after...just my smile, but with straight teeth aligned properly, complete with an optimal Class I bite. That's really my goal. And I think my goal is fairly realistic and attainable. (The fact that my treatment comes with a complimentary teeth whitening upon completion isn't a bad deal either).

I'll update this after my appointment, as per usual. Until then, here's another picture. (I honestly can't see any changes from week to week now. Which I take it as a good thing.)

Week 56

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces