Saturday, October 7, 2017

Month 6 and Week 26

...and in the blink of an eye, I've been in braces for half a year. Time really does fly, whether you want it to or not. But boy, what a busy half a year that's been. Looking back at the pictures I've taken, lot's of changes have happened since I decided to get braces. Most days, it doesn't feel like anything's happening with my braces, but when I compare the pictures I've taken....things are definitely happening. It's still pretty amazing what some brackets, wires and elastics can do to straighten teeth and fix bites. While braces have become less of a novelty thing to me now (hello, it's been half a year), I don't think I'll ever be less amazed by the changes that they have brought upon my teeth.

This month have been all about pulling my top arch forward and closing the open bite that I've developed...and I'm pleased to say that both of those things have happened wonderfully. My top arch is visibly pulled to the front now, and the open bite is gone. The gap between my right lateral incisor and canine on the bottom arch is still there, so I expect to get another powerchain when I got in for my appointment next Wednesday. Same with some of the gaps on the top arch--there's a small gap between my central incisor on the top, and that haven't closed with my current powerchain, so I definitely expect the orthodontist to place another powerchain on this time around. Not much in terms of teeth movement this month around--maybe that will be something we work on during the next month. My lateral incisors on the top arch are still a bit "behind" the central incisors, so I'm hoping that will get fixed soon. No rush though, and I'll trust that the orthodontist's plan will work. So for now, I'll just be a patient patient and follow the treatment that I'm given...though I'm really hoping that I can be off elastics soon.

This is what my teeth looked like prior to braces. Definitely glad I got braces to fix that!
Month 5
Week 25
Month 6 and week 26. Just look at the difference between now and before I started. What a world of changes that have happened in just half a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life after braces